What you will find on our blog:



In the U.S., Seva supports Native American communities in recovering traditional, healthy food sources that address health disparities like Type II diabetes. Here, our Native American Community Health (NACH) program shares the latest inspiring stories from the field: Northwest Arctic Borough, Alaska; Lake Andes, South Dakota; & Oakland, California.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

NACH Team Comings & Goings

I am taking a moment to pause and say farewell to the NACH blog. As the author of the first founding articles posted on NACH news, I regret having to say that this will be my last day working in the Seva NACH office. The past 6 months working with the NACH staff has given me insight into not only the workings of an astounding community, but also into the true beauty of the NACH program's efforts towards building healthier, more sustainable lifestyles for Native American communities across the nation. I originally joined the Seva team as an internship for my high school's second semester English project, my topic being Native American Philanthropy, but what I discovered here was an experience that I'll carry with me throughout my college years and beyond as I continue to pursue Anthropology. It was an honor to be a cog in this selfless machine of an organization, and to see that there are still people fighting towards, what is to many, an invisible cause. The people here and those benefiting from their efforts will always be in my hearts, and may Seva and the NACH program continue to thrive.
Sincerely,
-Allison Kreuser

No comments:

Post a Comment